Why write a money book for women? – Post #2
Every woman deserves a money book written just for her because she tends to experience a very different set of life conditions than men – conditions that often have great influence over her finances and how much wealth she will or will not be able to build in her lifetime.
Research has repeatedly shown that women are confident in many of the day-to-day financial tasks – such as bill-paying, budgeting, and figuring out ways to cut costs. This isn’t a surprising fact as history has documented women being expected to hold such roles (for their families) since the 1500’s.
However, women’s confidence drops significantly when it comes to the subject of wealth building (which includes investing). Dang it!
There is no single, simple, easy-to-fix reason for this drop in her confidence. Rather it’s a large, messy combination of obstacles and conditions that all build on one another and impact her most important financial measure – the amount of wealth that she accumulates over her lifetime.
Who Is This Money Book For?
This book is for any woman who is:
- Willing to learn about a subject which may feel very foreign and intimidating to her,
- Committed to uncovering her inner emotional and outer situational barriers to wealth-building,
- Ready to take action despite any feelings of fear, discomfort, shame, overwhelm, or inadequacy that may arise…and some WILL arise.
This book is also for:
- Financial professionals who want to understand how to better help women grow their financial lives,
- Social workers and therapists who work with women, couples (and even families) and sense patterns of dis-ease that may be tied to money,
- Leaders and HR decision makers in companies with the power to influence corporate policies, family leave, flex work schedules, and benefits,
- Politicians and community leaders who want and need to better understand the different financial conditions that may apply to many of their female constituents and members.
In my own world, this book is for:
- My clients who are seeking to become better at building wealth,
- My daughters who I hope will grow up to be confident, wealth-builders,
- Myself…so I can sleep better at night knowing I am doing my part to make a difference in women’s financial lives.
How to Use This Money Book
As I mentioned above, the concept of “wealth-building” is quite foreign and intimidating for most women.
Instead of throwing you to the wolves of self-doubt and inner shame by judging you for not already mastering all this (as SOME financial professionals, politicians, and men of means have done to countless women), I want you to treat this book as your trustworthy, financial BFF (Best Friend Forever).
You can expect lots of hand-holding, compassion, a-ha moments, and camaraderie. I’m considering even starting a Facebook group for women following this blogged book. (If this interests you, let me know in the Comments, please!)
My heart breaks EVERY time I hear another female client who reveals how she has been shamed or made to feel stupid for not being further ahead, financially. In many cases, the offending person doesn’t realize how harmful or ignorant their assertions and judgments are. Rather, the person simply DOESN’T UNDERSTAND or WALK IN THE SHOES of the money dynamics that women do.
(By the way, I’ll share my own story tomorrow so you will know that I have walked through this fire myself.)
Let’s change all this, shall we?!
The primary focus of this money book is to outline a conceptual foundation for wealth-building that will help you to:
- See the Big Picture of how you can build wealth in a way that honors who you are and what you value,
- Understand how each of the wealth-building pieces fit together and how they influence one another,
- See yourself as a wealth-builder…no matter how little you currently have or when you begin this journey.
The secondary focus of this money book is to:
- Help you increase your awareness about your current financial life so that you identify what needs attention,
- Show you where to begin based on your unique financial circumstances,
- Give you guided action steps to start or advance you on your wealth-building journey.
To give you a sneak preview of some of the wealth-building action steps to come:
- Money Quiz: You can actually take this free Quiz right now. It’s available on my website HERE. In just moments you will learn the money types that guide your financial life;
- Money Journal: You will be keeping a Money Journal to capture notes, thoughts, goals, insights, planned action steps, questions, mind maps, numbers and doodles that come to you as you read this book;
- Assignments: From time to time, I will share worksheets, checklists and tools for you to deepen your understanding;
- Financial Plan: This isn’t the type of financial plan you will get from your Certified Financial Planner. Rather, this is a whole life picture of strategies that will help you grow your financial confidence and bottom line wealth.
You can get it HERE.
Please come back tomorrow!
In tomorrow’s post, I will share my own Money Story and how it lead me to this work.
- Next See: Money Story – How To Quickly Fail at Financial Security
- Previous: How To Build Wealth Like a Woman – Femme Your Finance
By the way, leave your Comments, Questions, Criticisms, Insights, Applause, or Requests by clicking the “Comments” link at the top of this page.
Get the Updates!
If you’d like to receive updates on when new content is added to the book, I encourage you to bookmark this page AND sign up for notifications in the box below. In addition to regular book posts, I will alert you to bonus content and special opportunities.
Or, if you’d like to reach out to me, directly, you can use my Contact Form, HERE.