I have long used a bucket list to give myself inspiration and direction for my resources of time, energy and money. I still recall my very first bucket list that I wrote soon after a life-changing event.
My first Bucket List Examples:
- Buy my own home in two years, or less. (even though I had no savings)
- Make five friends in my new city. (though this was more a goal than a bucket list item)
- Climb five 14,000 foot mountains.
I accomplished all 3 bucket list items in about 18 months and a whole new, more self-empowered world began.
My Current Bucket List Examples
Go on a helicopter ride.
See a live, oozing volcano and feel the heat of lava.
Dance on stage (as an adult) in front of a large audience.
Visit New Zealand (South Island).
7. Visit New Zealand (North Island).
Find and marry my ideal mate.
10. Own our home free and clear.
Be debt-free (except mortgage).
12. Collaborate with thought leaders around the world on global money issues.
13. Build a loving, inspired community of business professionals to help our clients solve money problems. (In progress!)
Grow a community a friendships in multiple countries.
15. Visit more Greek islands.
16. Visit more of the Smithsonian museum.
Visit Washington, DC and tour Capitol Hill.
Write my Congressperson about things that matter.
Meet with a Congressperson in Washington, DC to express my opinions.
20. Live halftime in the mountains in the United States and halftime on the coast of Australia.
Own a business that I can carry with me to anywhere in the world.
Create a values-centered business.
23. Explore the western coast of Australia and visit (and thank) the stromatolites that helped make Earth an oxygen-oriented planet.
Live in a national Capital.
25. Do the walking tour in Boston and learn more about the Boston Tea Party.
26. Visit Vermont in the fall.
27. Visit Alcatraz.
Visit the Grand Canyon.
29. See the penguins in Antarctica.
30. Visit Kauai, Hawaii.
Visit the Big Island of Hawaii.
32. Take our kids on a grand tour of Europe.
33. Write at least one book. (In progress!)
Ride in a hot air balloon during Albuquerque’s International Balloon Fiesta.
35. Become a highly-paid public speaker.
36. Have a dance studio for personal use inside my home.
Work in another country.
38. Significantly help solve a world problem.
39. Raise wealthy, wise and self-empowered children.
40. Visit the Alaska coastline by boat. (almost did this in 2018 until I broke my wrist)
Visit the San Juan islands again and spend at least one month there. (I didn’t get a month, but I did get a one-week, jam-packed amazing adventure there with a dear friend.)
42. See the Northern lights.
See the Southern Cross constellation.
44. Leave Earth’s atmosphere, gain a wider view of our planet and come back.
45. Spend a week on a luxury yacht along a scenic coastline with wonderful friends.
46. Learn how to play a musical instrument, or radically improve my drumming on my djembe.
47. Elevate the financial confidence and status of 10,000 women and girls around the world.
48. Lead Money Tree workshops in Australia and New Zealand.
Visit the island of Bali
Become a financial blogger (currently building that our right here on this website! Squeeeee!)
Have 2 kids / become a mom.
Meet Dave Matthews and go backstage at a Dave Matthews Band concert. (What a groupie!)
Swim with non-captive dolphins out in the ocean. (Did this twice! Bahamas & Hawaii)
Thinking about starting your own Bucket List? Here are 5 Reasons you will want to do so!