Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.moneytreeacademy.com.
Policies Privacy & Spam Policy
Effective date: May 25, 2018
Hi, there. It’s Kelly Harrell. Before I dive into the boring details of the Privacy Policies here at Money Tree Academy LLC (MTA), I want you to know that I care about the use of your information and believe in ‘do unto others as you would have them do unto you’.
What Personal Information is Collected
First, it’s important to define ‘personal data’. Specifically, this is information such as your name, your IP address, and your email address. There are a number of ways in which MTA could collect your information.
If you are in the EU (or anywhere else in the world), here it what is collected:
- If you opt-in to the newsletter, an email course, blog post notifications, or request a free product or service: Your name and email address
- If you submit a question or request via the Contact Form on the MTA contact page: Your name, email address, any additional contact information you share, along with any questions you might ask or comments made
- If you complete a transaction through the MTA site: Your name, email address, all necessary billing and payment information required to complete the transaction
- If you Comment on a blog post: Your comment plus any metadata
To ensure that MTA adheres to legal best practices, your consent will be explicitly stated or requested in the following scenarios:
- When opting in to offers
- When requesting to receive email newsletter updates
- When purchasing products
- When requesting to receive blog post notifications
- When submitting questions, comments or requests via the Contact Form on the MTA site – your data is required in order to reply
Your consent will not be requested when there is a legal basis for not doing so, such as:
- When purchasing an item on the MTA website – we are legally required to collect your payment information
Who Has Access to the Collected Data
- For financial transactions: The payment processing systems (as legally required)
- For email communications: The email service providers (but not for their own commercial purposes, only to administrate the service for MTA)
- For website visits: Google (for general data collection on traffic for use by MTA)
- In general: Support staff that helps MTA to administer services and communications to visitors, customers, and clients (and not for their own commercial purposes)
Cookies, Google Analytics & Related Technologies
Money Tree Academy LLC uses services like Google Analytics to collect and store general technical information about your visit to our website. We use this information for statistical purposes only and will never provide this information to a third party.
Cookies and other technologies are used to track how visitors are using the MTA website. This information helps MTA learn what kinds of content are (or are not) of interest to visitors, how outreach and marketing efforts perform, and other generalized data such as the type of device (desktop or mobile) is being used to view the site.
How Long Is Your Data Kept
Any personal data shared is kept for varying lengths depending on the original reason for collection. Financial transaction information may be kept up to 7 years for tax audit purposes. Non-financial data tends to be kept up to 3 years, unless an active relationship (through business conducted or engagement with communications) with the user is maintained. Comments on blog posts are stored, indefinitely.
How Information Collected is Used
Communications: Information collected may be used to contact users of the web site for things like company announcements, new product or service offerings, individual follow up, online surveys, or to share information of interest.
Research/Marketing Feedback: Information collected may be used to refine site content, product/service offerings, or navigational elements.
Comments: Any comments you make (including the metadata) on blog posts are checked through an automated spam detection service, and then stored, indefinitely, and may be viewed by the public at any time. In addition to the data shown in the comments form, the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string are collected to help spam detection.
Beyond what is outlined above, no personal information is ever shared or sold to a third party.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Links to Other Sites / Embedded Content
The website may contain links to other sites (Amazon, partner providers, resources, etc.). Money Tree Academy LLC is not responsible for the privacy practices of such websites and does not endorse the accuracy or security of the websites.
This site makes Web forums (such as Facebook groups) available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. If joining such a group, please exercise normal caution before making any personal or business information available to the public.
Choice/Opt-Out or Corrections/Updates/Rights
You may opt out of receiving communications from us at any time. If you no longer wish to hear from Money Tree Academy LLC or need to change information previously provided, you have the following options:
- To opt-out of automated email communications: Click the ‘Unsubscribe’ button found at the bottom of each automated email.
- All other forms of communication: Please use our Contact form found at the link below and share which form of communication you no longer wish to receive. All requests will be typically addressed within 7 business days. https://www.moneytreeacademy.com/contact/
- Also, you may request, at any time, to receive the information currently stored on you (including to have it deleted). You may do so using this contact form: https://www.moneytreeacademy.com/contact/. All requests will be typically addressed within 7 business days. Please note that this does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- Also, content on this site (which may have links to paid products or services offered by Money Tree Academy LLC or it’s affiliate) is meant only for individuals who are 18 years or older. If you are younger than 18, you have the right to request all your information be deleted. You may do so using this contact form: https://www.moneytreeacademy.com/contact/. All requests will be typically addressed within 7 business days.
Legal Disclosure of Personal Information
In the event of legal action/requirements or a good faith belief that disclosure is needed, any stored information on you may be provided to proper authorities to: 1) remain in compliance with the law, 2) protect Money Tree Academy LLC, 3) protect the safety of others or of users of this site.
Additionally, in the unlikely event you infringe on the copyrights of another’s material featured on this site, Money Tree Academy LLC may be required to provide any available data on you to the copyright holder if a complaint is filed.
Third Party Websites & Links
Change in Terms of Privacy
Money Tree Academy LLC reserves the right to alter its privacy policies at any times. Any updates or changes to the policy will be posted on this page.
This site is owned and managed by Money Tree Academy LLC from its office in the United States. Money Tree Academy does not guarantee that materials, information, or content available on this site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where such materials, information, or content are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own volition and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
You may access, download and print materials on this website for your personal and noncommercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from this website without one of the following:
- Full attribution to Kelly Harrell and Money Tree Academy LLC, including a link back to the website: www.MoneyTreeAcademy.com.
- Obtaining written consent from Money Tree Academy.
All materials on this site (as well as the organization and layout of the site) are owned and copyrighted by Money Tree Academy LLC. © Copyright Money Tree Academy LLC). All rights reserved. No reproduction, distribution, or transmission of the copyrighted materials at this site is permitted without the written permission of Money Tree Academy LLC.
Contacting the Website
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or our practices, please contact us using the following form: HERE