Trees as a Key to Wealth Creation – Post #9
Yesterday, you learned about the Root System, the Soil Network and the Trunk of a tree. Today, you will learn just a few more instructive things about trees before we explore the connection to wealth building.
A Basic Primer on Trees (continued)
The branches of a tree play an incredibly important role in the tree’s survival.
- Backbone for Food Production System: The branches provide the support structure for the tree’s leaves (which produce the food for the tree).
- Distribution: The branches (like the trunk and the roots) help distribute water, sugars and nutrients throughout the tree.
- Storage: The branches (like the trunk and the roots) serve as a food storehouse for the tree to keep and protect it’s food.
How Branches Begin
Every branch starts off as a small bud. This tiny bud grows into a twig. Over time, the twig grows in size and diameter and will, ultimately, become a branch.
In the earlier years, most trees will tend to focus on using their branches to grow upward. But, as the tree matures, more outward growth will occur.
Through the branching system, a tree must employ a delicate balance of reaching for sunlight AND creating stability against wind and other potentially damaging elements. With a goal to thrive in the forest, the tree must always be working on BOTH.
Like all the other parts of the tree, the leaves are team players and serve many beneficial roles that help the whole system to thrive.
- Food Factory: The most important function of the leaves is to generate food for the tree. It does so through the process of photosynthesis which converts sunlight energy into sugar/food by using carbon dioxide in the air and water from the soil/roots. (This food is then stored throughout the Branches, Trunk and Root system – and can even be transferred to other trees through the Fungi Network in the soil.)
- Cooling System: The leaves of the tree shade the soil around the base of the tree and help keep the tree cool in the warmer months.
- Shelter: These leaves also provide shade and shelter to various creatures who need the protections of the tree to survive – and who may even benefit the tree.
- The Planet: The trees are also team players with the planet. Through the photosynthesis process, trees release oxygen back into atmosphere to help keep the air clean and the ecosystems healthy.
You may already be getting some ideas about how Trees can be a model for wealth building. Be sure to JOIN ME, again, tomorrow to learn how this is all connected to a more feminine model of wealth building.